ProWorld matches volunteers of all ages with community projects in developing countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. From building cleaner-burning stoves in Peru to empowering women in Thailand, participants make a real difference in local communities. ProWorld has been working with volunteers for more than 10 years and offers unique volunteer, internship and study abroad opportunities in the areas of healthcare, environment and social-economic sectors. ProWorld has also created customized overseas programs for more than 40 American and Canadian universities and colleges.
ProWorld currently offers programs in 14 countries: Belize, Brazil, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Ghana, India, Mexico, Morocco, Nepal, Panama, Peru, Philippines, South Africa, and Thailand.
Current volunteer opportunities include:
- Community Development - install clean-burning stoves, build ceramic water filters, or construct schools
- Environmental and Wildlife Conservation - work in a national park, assist in water conservation, or plant trees to reforest depleted ecosystems.
- Education and Teaching - work as a teacher's assistant, teach English or educate teens on current social, health and environmental issues.
- Health Care - conduct field-based clinical, public health and research programs.
- Youth Programs - assist with youth sports programs, work with after-school activities or volunteer in daycare centers